Sunday, November 05, 2006

'Rockit' Live

Herbie Hancock's Future 2 Future 'Rockit' Live

Luke just lent me the DVD release for this 'live' session. Refreshingly interesting version by Herbie Hancock with DJ Disk on turntables & the ever so cool Terri Lyne Carrington on drums who's also a Yamaha endorsee.
Other musicians include Wallace Roney on trumpet, Darrel Diaz on keyboards.

If you notice, Herbs uses a Korg Karma (K.A.R.M.A technology kicked arse btw back then) tho' I'm a pro-motif user. Bought it from my buddy Azman anyhow.

If Herbie can change with time, so can my mum who still can't sms decently for nuts. If only I can grab a copy of SMS-ing for dummies.

Btw, I remember 3 yrs ago when Herbert & I weren't acquainted with Razak yet. Herbert was @ the PALA show and he watched Razak do a showcase on the turns & CDJs at the Denon booth. Razak was scratching & Herbert was in awe. STEEP!! Must have been the hardhouse you were into back then herbz.

Enjoy the vid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home